Monday, January 28, 2013

Chalk Paint

I have a new love..... Chalk paint. Have you heard of Annie Sloan chalk paint? My friend Nicole introduced me to it.
I want to paint everything in my house with it. It can get a little pricey, but it is worth it. I have also tried out some alternatives that are awesome too.
The key is to have Annie Sloan's stain. It is incredible. Here is a link to her blog. http://anniesloanpaintandcolour.blogspot.co.uk/

I wanted to share some of my projects. Maybe you will get some inspiration!
Annie Sloan Old Ochre

The Lamp is Annie Sloan Old White and the table is Behr Ashwood.

The cool thing about the chalk paint is that you can paint anything.....no priming.....lamps, frames, candlesticks, cabinets, etc....

I repainted this desk last week. It was a dark brown. No priming! I used Annie Sloan Coco. I also took the handles off and spray painted them. I used Krylon gray primer, then Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze.


Annie Sloan Arles

          This is Behr Ashwood 720D-4{Annie Sloan French Linen}


This is Behr Outback {same as Annie Sloan Versailles}
This is Annie Sloan Coco with Dark Stain

1 comment:

  1. You and Nicole and this chalk paint. . . What's up? Tell me why you love it. Do you paint, then put a stain over for the distressed look? I need to know a little more.

    ReplyDelete